Loeries Official Rankings 2017
Download the 2017 Loeries Official Rankings here
The Loeries makes changes to Official Rankings - gives points for Finalists in 2018
From this year’s awards in August, the Loeries is including points for Finalists in its Official Rankings across Africa and the Middle East.
In the past, the Loeries only awarded points for Bronze awards and above. From 2018, ten Finalists will be equivalent to one Bronze award, and Finalist points will be capped to a maximum of 30 Finalists – equivalent to 3 Bronze awards.
“I think this change should be encouraging to small agencies and countries just starting to improve their creative output,” says Loeries CEO Andrew Human. “We have around 20 countries entering the Loeries, with a broad spread of work. On the lower end, we will now be able to distinguish regions, countries and agencies through Finalists, while on the upper end the Grands Prix and Golds will make the difference.”
“The Loeries Official Rankings are a useful and independent measure of who’s doing what across the region. Recognising Finalists allows us to drill deeper for a better representation of performance across the whole of Africa and the Middle East.”
Full information on the Loeries Official Rankings can be found on loeries.com as well as rankings for previous years. The entry deadline for this year’s Loeries is 15 May, and Loeries Creative Week takes place from 16 to 19 August in Durban. All details can be found on the website.
While there can be many ways of analysing any competition, we have provided a thorough and fair process to accurately report on the results of the awards. The exact methodology that is used for the ranking is described here, and publication of the chosen procedures in advance of our entry deadline and judging ensures no bias in favour of any particular outcome.
How the rankings are calculated:
- BRANDS GET POINTS: A credited brand gets full points, irrespective of the entering Agency. For example, if a Brand wins two awards with two separate agencies, the Brand gets full points from both awards.
- NEW: From 2018, points are given to finalists. A maximum of 30 finalists will be awarded.
- POINTS ARE GIVEN FOR EACH AWARD.
- POINTS PER AWARD: 300 points for Grand Prix; 110 points for Gold; 40 points for Silver; 15 points for Bronze; 90 points for Craft Gold; 30 points for Craft Certificate; 1.5 points for Finalist (to a maximum of 45 points for Finalists).
- CAMPAIGN ENTRIES GET 1,5x POINTS: All Campaign categories will all be awarded 1,5 times the points. The following categories are defined as campaign categories: Communication Design - Identity Programmes; Design Mixed-Media Campaign. Digital - Data Driven Campaign; Digital Integrated Campaign. PR & Media Communication Campaign. Media Innovation - Media Campaign. Film - Branded Content Video - Series. Integrated Campaign. Shared Value. Effective Creativity. Service Design. Student - Facebook Challenge; Integrated Campaign.
- COMBINED CAMPAIGN ENTRIES ALSO GET 1,5x POINTS: Single entries (Type A) that are combined into one campaign award during judging will receive 1,5 times the points. For example, if three print posters are combined and awarded a Campaign Gold, then the award will be worth 1,5 x 110 = 165 points.
- FOR COMPANIES; POINTS ARE DIVIDED IF MORE THAN ONE NAME IS PROVIDED FOR ONE CREDIT: Where more than one company has been credited for any one credit, the points will be divided equally between the parties. For example, a Gold Winner receives 110 points. If two companies are listed under "Agency", each will receive 55 points. However, one "Agency" and one "Production Company" will each receive the full points.
- FOR INDIVIDUALS; FULL POINTS ARE GIVEN FOR EACH NAME LISTED FOR ONE CREDIT: Where more than one individual has been credited for any one credit, each individual will get full points. For example, a Gold Winner receives 110 points. If two Creative Directors are listed, each will receive 110 points, or if three people share the “Writer” credit, then each person will receive 110 points.
- FOR INDIVIDUAL CREATIVE RANKINGS: A person is only awarded points for the most senior creative position, even if their name is listed in multiple creative credits. For example, if someone is credited as Executive Creative Director and Creative Director, they will only receive points for Executive Creative Director.
- AGENCIES AND PRODUCTION COMPANIES GET FULL POINTS: As long as there is one name per credit, then each credit gets full points. For example, if a TV Commercial wins gold, the credited Agency gets full points and the credited Production Company gets full points. If two agencies share one credit, then each agency gets half the points.
- A COMPANY CANNOT RECEIVE POINTS AS BOTH AN AGENCY AND AS A PRODUCTION COMPANY.
- CRAFTS: Production companies will receive points from International Craft entries; however agencies will not receive any points. For example, if an illustrator from within our region does work for a London agency to be flighted in Europe, based on a brief and concept created in London, then the work is eligible for an Illustration craft award and craft points. But the London agency gets no points.
PLEASE NOTE: Our knowledge is only as good as the information we receive! Please remember that all rankings are calculated according to the information you provide on the entry forms.
Ranking information and methodology last updated 13 August 2018